- Your Safety is YOUR responsibility.
- NO recreational swimming in the lake.
- NO boats operated without life Jackets.
- Only anglers on Bass Boats with Foot control trolling motors are allowed without life jackets.
- NO wondering around at night without a headlamp.
- All children under 10 years to wear a life jacket when fishing for Bass from the bank.
- ALL children to be under adult supervision. No exceptions.
- All anglers to have a basic first aid kit with plasters antiseptic and bandages.
- Anglers to leave the venue in a better condition as they found it.
- NO litter, including cigarette butts, to be left on the grounds or in the dam.
- NO SMOKING inside the Wendy Huts!
- Litter to be taken home with you.
- No Trees or vegetation to be cut of or broken. Please advise Management who will take care of it if it is a hindrance or problem.
- No Birdlife or Rabbits to be disturbed, hurt or killed.
- No stalking allowed at Aqua due to the presence for snags and chance fish can get snagged up.
- NO Fish to be killed.
- No target species Fish to be removed from the lake.
- Catfish to be removed, must be placed inside holding tank provided.
- ONLY boats with trolling motors or bait boats to be used. When bait boats are used, the angler must have a boat near by to free a snagged line. Do not pull for a break.
- No Carp Fishing in the conservation area.
- Absolutely NO jigging or foul hooking of fish.
- Only Barbless Hooks or hooks with flattened barbs to be used.
- Maximum of 4 rods per swim.
- No venturing into another angler’s swim without permission from the angler.
- Rods must NEVER be left unattended. Should you be fishing on your own and wish to go to the toilet, please ensure you have someone watching your rods during your absence from your swim, or reel in your lines and re-bait upon your return. The same goes if you want to visit the shop and leave the venue.
- Line BREAK-OFFS must be reported. Please prevent this from happening by going out with your boat to retrieve your line if possible.
- ALL catches MUST be photographed and posted on the group, with weight and time of capture, as well as a left flank, right flank and mouth shot. This is for photographic record purposes.
- Please photograph your hook holds and/or mouth damage.
- All fish to be photographed on the lawns or shallow water areas. NOT on the concrete jetties!
- Bookings work per night, so unless you booked for the next day (18h00 vacating deadline) you need to be off your swim by 11h45 as the next angler will be entering by 12h00.
- On the booking system calendar, please click on the first night of your stay and the last day of your stay. The system will complete the dates in-between.
- Please show the security guard at the gate your booking confirmation as they have strict instructions to only allow booked anglers.
- Please do not use the auto-fill function on the system as it will not include your name and make bookings impossible to manage.
- Please save the booking information sent to you as a contact on your phone.
- Every Carp caught must be treated with Propolis on the mouth wound as well as any mark on the body.
- All landing nets, Carp sacks, Retaining Slings and unhooking Mats/Cradles to be bone dry upon arrival. Ensure your nets are clean. Any anglers fishing Harties especially must ensure their nets are washed before fishing Aqua.
- Large knotless nets as well as unhooking Mat/Cradle MUST be present and used at ALL times.
- All unhooking items MUST be wet with fresh lake water when handling a Carp.
- All photos to be taken over an unhooking mat, cradle or in the water (preferred).
- Weigh slings MUST be ZIPPED UP when carrying a fish to the water. NO Handling of fish on the concrete jetties.
- No sacking of fish longer than 4 hours. No sacking of fish during the day.
- Fish to be released carefully and safely as soon as possible.
- Only Carp Safe tackle and end tackle to be used.
- Only barbless hooks to be used.
- No Fixed-Lead systems to be used.
- Only Safety Clip of Heli-Safe type systems to be used where the lead can be discharged on the take.
- Leads used on the Safety clip systems should be at least 3.5oz whereas leads fished drop-off in-line style or via heli-safe can be less.
- NO Monofilament under 14lb to be used. Due to the clarity of the water it is preferred that Fluorocarbon of at least 16-20lb be used to increase your chances of success.
- No Braided mainline or Braided leaders allowed.
- Snag leaders to be 0.45mm or more and be at least 4ft longer than the deepest water you are fishing in. AGAIN, NO BRAIDED LINES!!!
- Boilie and Pellet baits are preferred for the welfare of our Carp Population.
- Boilies with a minimum of 20% Protein level to be used. No restriction on quantity.
- Only Pellets from recognized aquaculture feed manufacturers allowed. No restriction on quantity.
- ONLY properly cooked particles allowed. Maize must be split open.
- NO Peanuts allowed.
- There will be no restriction on the amount of maize, hemp, buckwheat or Chick Peas, but keep Tigers to a minimum as it does not offer much nutrition to the fish.
- No Experimental Baits allowed. Baits used must be tried and tested before fishing the venue.
- No sour or off baits allowed. The fish’s safety must be our ONLY concern.
- No artificially preserved and flavoured tiger Nuts/Maize/Chickpeas etc. to be used for feeding. You can use them as hook baits ONLY.
- There are currently 9 Wendy huts placed on Swims 1-9 with swim 10 (Island Swim) a Double Bivvie Swim.
- The toilet near Swim 10 is located behind the boathouse, thus if you are fishing alone, your lines must be out of the water before visiting the toilet. No open fires allowed on swim 10 either and no urinating on or around this swim as there are townhouses in plain sight of this swim.
- NO Smoking inside the Wendies please!!! There are many non-smokers and do not want the smell of cigarette smoke in the Wendies.
- Max of 2 Anglers per swim. You can bring your wife and children with you, but preferably not more than 4 individuals on a swim. If more, you need to book an additional swim or bring a bivvie with.
- Every swim MUST have a member on it at any given fishing time. Non-members can ONLY fish the venue WITH a member.
- NO UNRULY BEHAVIOUR.
- NO ALCOHOL ABUSE.
- NO ALCOHOL TO BE USED/CONSUMED ON THE BOATS.
- FIRES ONLY TO BE MADE IN THE PROVIDED FIRE PITS.
- Non-Fishing VISITORS only allowed by appointment. They cannot just pitch up at the gate and expect to be allowed in. Security will NOT make exceptions. Visitors are not allowed to fish, unless a booking is made to such effect and a fishing fee paid.
- NO UNATTENDED RODS ALLOWED – EVER!
- NO LOUD MUSIC.
- You are expected to clean your Wendy hut when you vacate your swim and provide photographic proof that all the windows are properly secured. Windows are secured with a window latch as well as a pad bolt. Please ensure both are in position.
- Please ensure that if you are on a swim with an inflatable boat, it is placed upside down a few minutes before you vacate the swim so it can drain, then place it inside the wendy hut for safe-keeping. The inflatable from swim 8 is quite long, but fit nicely if you place the one bed upside down on top of the other bed. Swims 1 and 10 has fiberglass boats so please place them either upside down or on it’s side before leaving.
- DO NOT TAKE CHANCES. DON’T MAKE A BOOKING TO FISH WITH YOUR WIFE AND THEN PITCH UP WITH ANOTHER PERSON. IF A PERSON IS CAUGHT FISHING ON AN UNBOOKED SWIM WITHOUT CONSENT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE VENUE.
- Right of admission is reserved!
- All bookings must be paid in advance and not after you fished your session.
Please note that any person found to have broken the above rules, will be asked to leave the premises immediately, and will be forbidden to return, with membership forfeit.