- Your safety is YOUR responsibility.
- NO recreational SWIMMING in lake.
- NO boats operated without LIFE JACKETS.
- NO wandering around at night without a HEADLAMP.
- All anglers to have a BASIC FIRST-AID KIT, with plasters antiseptic and bandages.
- Anglers to leave the venue in a better CONDITION than it was found in.
- NO litter, including cigarette butts, to be left on the grounds or in the dam.
- NO SMOKING inside the Wendy Huts!
- Litter to be disposed of in the provided litter bins or taken home with you.
- No Trees or vegetation to be cut of or broken. Please advise management who will take care of it if it is a hindrance or problem.
- No Birdlife or Rabbits to be disturbed, hurt or killed.
- No Stalking until we advise it is safe to do so.
- NO Fish to be killed.
- No Carp or Bass to be removed.
- Species to be removed, must be placed inside holding tank provided near the outflow.
- ONLY boats with trolling motors or bait boats to be used.
- We have a few boats and a canoe for rent – contact Chris Green for info.
- No Carp Fishing in the conservation area
- Absolutely NO jigging or foul hooking of fish.
- Only Barbless Hooks or hooks with flattened barbs to be used for Carp fishing only. Anglers can use Barbed Hooks for Bass and Barbel fishing only.
- Maximum of 4 rods per swim.
- No venturing into another angler’s swim without permission from the angler. During the COVID-19 period NO Angler allowed in another swim please. This is for everyone’s safety.
- Rods must NEVER be left unattended. Should you be fishing on your own and wish to go to the toilet, please ensure you have someone watching your rods during your absence from your swim, or reel in your lines and re-bait upon your return. The same goes if you want to visit the shop and leave the venue.
- Line BREAK-OFFS must be reported. Please prevent this from happening by going out with your boat to retrieve your line if possible.
- ALL catches MUST be photographed and posted on the group, with weight and time of capture.
- Please photograph your hook holds and/or mouth damage.
- All Fish to be photographed on the lawns on unhooking mats and not on any of the concrete jetties.
- Bookings work per night, so please make sure that you vacate your swim by 12h00 the next day as bookings can overlap.
- On the booking system, please click on the first night and last day of your stay please. The system will fill in the dates in-between.
- Please save your booking information as a contact on your phone.
- All landing nets, Carp sacks, Retaining Slings and unhooking Mats/Cradles to be bone dry upon arrival. Ensure your nets are clean. Any anglers fishing Harties especially must ensure their nets are washed before fishing Aqua.
- Large knotless nets as well as unhooking Mat/Cradle MUST be present and used at ALL times.
- All unhooking items MUST be wet with fresh lake water when handling a Carp.
- All photos to be taken over an unhooking mat, cradle or in the water (preferred).
- Weigh slings MUST be ZIPPED UP when carrying a fish to the water. NO Handling of fish on the concrete slabs.
- No sacking of fish longer than 4 hours. No sacking of fish during the day.
- Fish to be released carefully and safely as soon as possible.
- Only Carp Safe tackle and end tackle to be used.
- Only barbless hooks to be used.
- No Fixed-Lead systems to be used.
- You may use leadcore leaders up to 1m in length to pin your line down on the bottom.
- Only Safety Clip of Heli-Safe type systems to be used where the lead can be discharged on the take.
- Leads used on the Safety clip systems should be at least 3.5oz whereas leads fished drop-off in-line style or via heli-safe can be less.
- NO Monofilament under 14lb to be used. Due to the clarity of the water it is preferred that Fluorocarbon of at least 16-20lb be used to increase your chances of success.
- No Braided mainline or Braided leaders allowed.
- Snag leaders to be 0.45mm or more and be at least 4ft longer than the deepest water you are fishing in. AGAIN, NO BRAIDED LINES!!!
- Boilie and Pellet baits are preferred for the welfare of our Carp Population.
- Boilies with a minimum of 20% Protein level to be used. No restriction on quantity.
- Only Pellets from recognized aquaculture feed manufacturers allowed. No restriction on quantity.
- ONLY properly cooked particles allowed.
- NO Peanuts allowed.
- Max of 10kg Cooked maize per weekend session allowed. If you are fishing during the week for 4 days (20kg allowed for the entire session)
- Max of 10kg Cooked Hemp per weekend session allowed. If you are fishing during the week for 4 days (20kg allowed for the entire session)
- Max of 2kg cooked Tiger Nuts allowed per weekend session. If you are fishing during the week for 4 days (4kg allowed for the entire session)
- Max of 2kg of any other cooked particles such as Maple peas allowed per weekend session. Again if you a fishing 4 days in the week if can be doubled to 4kg.
- No Experimental Baits allowed. Baits used must be tried and tested before fishing the venue.
- No sour or off baits allowed. The fish’s safety must be our ONLY concern.
- No artificially preserved and flavoured tiger Nuts/Maize/Chickpeas etc. to be used for feeding. You can use them as hook baits ONLY.
- There are currently 9 Wendy huts placed on Swims 1-9 with swim 10 (Island Swim) a Double Bivvie Swim.
- The toilet near Swim 10 is located behind the boathouse, thus if you are fishing alone, your lines must be out of the water before visiting the toilet. No open fires allowed on swim 10 either and no urinating on or around this swim as there are townhouses in plain sight of this swim.
- NO Smoking inside the Wendies please!!! There are many non-smokers and do not want the smell of cigarette smoke in the Wendies.
- Max of 2 Anglers per swim. You can bring your wife and children with you, but preferably not more than 4 individuals on a swim. If more, you need to book an additional swim.
- Every swim MUST have a member on it at any given fishing time. Nonmembers can ONLY fish the venue WITH a member.
- NO UNRULY BEHAVIOUR
- NO ALCOHOL ABUSE
- NO ALCOHOL TO BE USED/CONSUMED ON THE BOATS
- FIRES ONLY TO BE MADE IN THE PROVIDED FIRE PITS
- Non-Fishing VISITORS only allowed by appointment. They cannot just pitch up at the gate and expect to be allowed in. Security will NOT make exceptions.
- NO UNATTENDED RODS ALLOWED – EVER!
- NO LOUD MUSIC.
- You are expected to clean your Wendy hut when you vacate your swim.
- DO NOT TAKE CHANCES. DON’T MAKE A BOOKING TO FISH WITH YOUR WIFE AND THEN PITCH UP WITH ANOTHER PERSON. IF A PERSON IS CAUGHT FISHING ON AN UNBOOKED SWIM WITHOUT CONSENT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE VENUE.
- Right of admission reserved.
Please note that any person found to have broken the above rules, will be asked to leave the premises immediately, and will be forbidden to return, with membership forfeit.